Sunday, January 16

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... Dark and gloomy. I had hoped to see the sun today, but alas, it was not to be. It's not very cold, thankfully, just dark.

I am thinking... about whether the kids are in there fighting quietly or actually going to bed. About making my requests known to God, and delighting myself in Him, and he will give me the desires of my heart. To date, he's given me everything I ever asked him for, and more. So I'm composing my next list of heart's desires for Him to look over. :-)

I am thankful for... our finances working out so that we have food this month. The past few Januarys have been dubbed "Starvation Januarys" and I'm so thankful we didn't have to go through that this year.

From the learning rooms... If I do what I want, my kids turn into little grouches. But if I put aside my own wants and attend to them, they get so happy, and are much better at obeying their dad and me.

From the kitchen... I tried making a banana bread recipe, but substituted a half pint of peach butter for the bananas. It came out surprisingly good, and this way I can get rid of some of that horrid peach butter before next summer.

I am wearing... pajama pants and a sweater. When you're pregnant, sitting at the computer in jeans is just uncomfortable.

I am creating... nothing much at the moment. Trying to get my writing mojo back on by doing this survey. None of the voices in my head are talking these days, and it's hard to think of stuff to write without them. Must be a hormone thing.

I am going... to try to walk every day this week. It'll be busy with school starting this week, though. Gotta get Ryan out the door early.

I am reading... Enchanted Glass by Diana Wynne Jones. Gosh, I love that book. I'm missing my Melendys books, though. Someday I shall repossess them from my mom, bwahaha!

I am hoping... many things pertaining to this year and the next. I want a house, but many, many dominoes have to fall over, first.

I am hearing... soft music, and finally silence from the bedroom. The kids must be asleep at last.

Around the house... the house is grungy. House cleaning tomorrow! At least it's fairly well picked up.

One of my favorite things... sitting down with a cup of sweet coffee, a plate of some kind of snack bread, and a good book. This doesn't actually happen that often.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Make menus, do the grocery shopping, watch Inception, start work on at least one commission picture. Remember to drink my nettle tea every day.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing: Blue sky, something we have not seen in days.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

Just lovely, I will put buying my own copies of the Melendy's on a book list and buy them so you can have yours back. :) I love your daybook entree. Very nice and encouraging and I am so very thankful that you have learned to lean on our Father and you have learned that He is a very good Father who hears and answers all of our needs. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails