Sunday, July 10

A large heart

I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart. - Ps 119: 32

One thing I always wondered about, before I had kids, was how you could love them all. People said snide things like that to my mom all the time. I knew that she loved us all equally, but I wondered if I'd ever be able to do it.


So I was nursing the baby and thinking about this. And really, I think each new baby makes you love the rest of them that much more. It's like God 'enlarges my heart' with each new child so I'm capable of loving them even better.


It's a strange process, where the more you die to yourself, the happier you are. Seems so alien to the human nature, you know?

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I liked the verse you have at the top. It is true, God does enlarge your heart. He makes it so that the more you give away the more you have.
God is always a study in contrasts.
To be happy, is to be always giving yourself away and it does bring such peace and joy.
I always think that if I didn't have all of you I might have been such a selfish, self serving person.
I mean I will fight it every day of my life so I am always so glad I had all of you guys to help temper my selfishness.
Great post.

Jennifer said...

I love your thoughts! I do feel like the more selfless the Lord calls me to be, the more "fulfilled" and joyful I am! Great post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails