Wednesday, July 13

Mystery bug

I was outside with the kids this evening, and noticed these little butterfly things all over my blooming mint.



They were tiny, and when they were at rest, their antennae never stood still. They didn't have the little balls on the ends of their antennae that show that they're butterflies, and they didn't seem to have the feathery bits that show that they're a moth. But they were so tiny, it was hard to be sure.

I think these are the things that left tiny little caterpillars all over my mint. I don't mind--I mean, it's only mint--but I wish I knew what they were.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

cool, I have never seen those kind before. They look real nice.

no spring chicken said...

I've seen them before too but I can't identify them for you. Sorry. I'll have to check back to see if someone can help us both out! :)

Blessings, Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails