Monday, October 31

Halloween morning


Here's the munchkins with their jack o' lanterns. The youngest is still a bit small for a pumpkin.

I tried and tried to get pictures of them playing on their 'slide', but their constant motion defeated me. I finally just took a video.


And this is BEFORE the Halloween candy. I think whatever they get tonight will go in the fridge and be carefully rationed ...

I also made some candy apples, but I let the caramel burn early on in the cooking process, so they came out kind of speckled and ugly, although they tasted good. Also, burning the caramel so demoralized me that I didn't cook it all the way to firm ball stage, so they were also kind of goopy.

I ran out of sticks for apples, so I had about two cups of leftover caramel. I didn't know what to do with it, until my husband asked me to make it into Chex candy. So I recooked it (over very low heat!) until it actually reached firm ball temperature, then mixed it with the cereal.

The trouble being, it's so sticky and stiff that it takes a while to gnaw through the candy. But it sure tastes good.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Very cute. I am glad they are having a fun kind of day the pumpkins turned out so cute.

Meg said...

LOL! Gosh that's a lot of energy. I've had total Mom Fail this year. Ben didn't like my idea for costumes (pumpkins), but I couldn't think of anything on short notice, so I guess we're just staying in this year... Oh well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails