Wednesday, January 25

No Stroganoff

A couple people asked how my stroganoff turned out last night.

Except, er, it turned out that I made something else.

I made THESE bad boys!

Ground Beef and Bisciuts from Taste of Home.

I didn't have the mushrooms and consumme that you need to make stroganoff, which I didn't realize until 5 minutes before I started cooking. So I typed "ground beef" into the search on Taste of Home and picked the first thing that looked tasty.

It kind of tasted like the Sloppy Joes in a Pan that we used to make off the Bisquick box. The recipe calls for canned biscuits, but I just whipped up a batch of baking powder biscuits. It was delicious. Even the munchkins ate it, which is a change from the norm. :-)

3 comments:

Meg said...

Haha, I just saw this recipe in the Taste of Home book I got from the library. Oh well, can't really make stroganoff without mushrooms.

Farm Girl said...

Well it looks great, I could eat anything with baking powder biscuits on them. Really you hated stroganoff when you were a kid. :)

Patrice said...

I hate finding out that I don't have something I need for a recipe. Sometimes I find the thing later- duh!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails