Monday, August 8

Ice milk: poor man's ice cream

Still-mixed ice milk is like poor man's ice cream. Or maybe lazy man's ice cream.


This is my bowlful of frozen ice milk. Here's how you make it:

4 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

OR

4 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4th tsp salt

(Tastes great and has less sugar!)

Stir together until sugar is dissolved. Pour into baking pan (9x13 works well) and place in freezer. Beat with hand mixer every 40 minutes for 2 1/2 hours until frozen. The smoother you beat it, the finer the ice crystals and the smoother the ice cream.


I put mine in the freezer and then took a 2 hour nap, so it was mostly frozen by the time I got back to it. I grimly attacked it with my hand mixer and splattered it all over the kitchen before transferring it to a bowl. But it came out fluffy enough. Kind of coarse, like a slushy. But my husband and kids like it, and it was fast.

Also:


Caterpillar arms.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

What a nice way to make ice cream. You are so handy with what you come up with. Gosh I can't believe how much C. has grown. She is so chubby. I love her little fat arms.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails