Wednesday, June 8

Walking at sunrise

This morning I got up early, went out and walked.

sunrise
Not my photo, but the sky looked something like this.

I just walked around our apartment block, because I'd be able to hear the baby if she woke up and fussed. So I walked until I was tired. It was wonderful to get out by myself. Heck, I haven't even been outside in days. Not for any extended length of time.

Daily Light today had one of my favorite verses in it: Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. (Ps. 37:4) So I pondered it as I walked. I prayed that for years and God gave me my husband and my kids. Getting out away from them helps me appreciate them. Lately we've had rampant colds, so it's been very snotty and whiny, and I was tired of my kids. It's nice to remember that I do love them still.

I'm going to try to walk regularly in the early morning. I mean, it's JUNE. It should be warm enough! I'll try to get pictures of the jillions of snails all over the grass. It's both amazing and disgusting.

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you got to get out this morning by yourself. I am glad you have that verse to ponder. I loved this mornings daily light too. It is one of those nice passages to remind us just all of the sweet things God does for us.
I hope the babies are better today.

Anne said...

It does help to have a few minutes alone, doesn't it? Glad you found a way! :)

Sue said...

I am so glad you were able to walk, I have started my walking again and find that it clears my mind. I had to chuckle at the snails, we have an invasion and dh and I are out at night with a flashlight sending them where they are suppose to be. They play havoc on my gardens.
Enjoy your day.
Sue

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails