Sunday, August 1

Roasted veggies again

After visiting Mom's and receiving a huge amount of veggies, I made roasted vegetables again.


This time it was:

4-5 cups chopped tomatoes
1 small zucchini, skinned and diced (to fool the zucchini haters)
5 small bell peppers, chopped
4 jalapenos that turned out to not be hot
4 chilies that turned out not to be hot
handful of diced onion
1 clove diced garlic
Italian salad dressing

I marinated the whole shebang in a large bowl for several hours, because I didn't have any bags big enough. It was a TON of veggies. (I didn't seed or peel the tomatoes because I'm a rebel. And dousing the tomatoes in hot water and all that jazz is just so much work.)

When time came to start cooking, I dumped it all on a cookie sheet with raised rims and started baking at 350.

After 15 minutes I checked them, and found them floating in half an inch of liquid. I carefully poured this off. I wanted them roasted, not stewed.

Another 15 minutes produced delicious, crunchy, browned (and even slightly burned) veggies. About 2 cups worth. All those vegetables and they cooked down to nothing! (And remember those tomato skins? They crisped into little curls of delicious goodness.)

At the same time I cooked the last of my fettuccine and a bunch of spaghetti noodles. I didn't want to run out this time.


Toss it all together and oh my. It was so very, very good. I'm become a summer veggie convert really, really fast.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

I looks wonderful, I was wondering about your pizza, how did it turn out?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails