Saturday, May 21

God's providence


When I got pregnant with Claire last summer, we were going through a really hard time financially. But I chose to believe that God would provide for our family, because he wouldn't give us another baby and then not give us the means to care for her.

Duet 8:18: But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today.

So I've clung to that verse. Also I've changed prayer tactics. Instead of praying that God would magically change our financial situation, I prayed for my husband directly. And I've seen answers to every prayer.

Yesterday our financial situation changed again, enabling us to have enough to live on for the next four or five months. It came through an avenue that neither of us expected or foresaw, although I was certain it was yet another scam at first (since we've been through two awful job scams now). But my husband researched it and everything checked out. It's not a job, which he needs, but it's the funds to keep us afloat while he continues his job search.

God is so gracious to us. I'm determined to be a good steward, so I have a stack of coupons that I'm taking shopping today, too.

7 comments:

Meg said...

Yay! Oh I'm so glad. I know this takes a load off of both your shoulders, at least for the time being. God is so good!

Farm Girl said...

That is what I love about God, nothing is impossible with God. He is always good all of the time.
I love that He still parts the red sea when we need it and you guys needed it.
Greatly to be praised is He who we trust.
I am so thankful that it is He who goes before us and not we ourselves.

Sue said...

Love the title of your post. As I was reading it, i sensed such a trusting and thankful heart. I so related to this post, as dh and I have seen God's hand move time after time in our finances. I am so uplifted by your thoughts.
Claire is more adorable thank ever,
Sue

I Live in an Antbed said...

He is SO Faithful!! I am SO thankful! :)

TexWisGirl said...

look at that sweet face!!! :)

Brandee Shafer said...

This is a wonderful story and is so similar to the one I linked just after you. God is so good!

I Live in an Antbed said...

What a beautiful testimony!! Thank you so much for linking up! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails