Monday, May 9

Is it ever Monday

I was certain that today the baby had a doctor's appointment. So I got up early, got a shower and everything ... and THEN checked the appointment card. Turns out it's not for the 9th, it's for the 19th. So here I am, all showered and dressed and just wanting to crawl back in bed.

I went on a little photo-shoot a few days ago. There's a couple of butterfly bushes in the next complex, and they attract all kinds of cool insects. I was hoping for a butterfly, but instead I was menaced by a hovering wasp.

I've never seen a hover-wasp before. I've seen hover-flies, and they fly like a hummingbird, all fearless, and come right up to you and check you out. But this was a weird-looking wasp. I tried to get a picture, but I held my camera too close and he came out blurry. This was the best I could do.


I'll have to do some research to identify him. I thought he might be a predatory wasp that lays its eggs on caterpillars, but those kind look a little different. Anybody ever seen a wasp like this?

3 comments:

I Live in an Antbed said...

I don't know what that is! Yikes! Glad it didn't get you. Caleb was attacked by a swarm of wasps one time and his face swelled up something awful. His eye was swollen shut for days. But, bless his heart, he didn't drop the infant he was holding even through all the stings.

Farm Girl said...

No I have never even seen one before, but hey, you have your shower now. I was praying for you this morning, and the message was be patient, Is God to slow?
I cracked up.
God never gives me pats on the head, He just says things like wait and be silent. :)
I hope your day is nice.

Meg said...

Just think of it as getting your shower a week in advance. You are VERY prepared. ;)

I think I remember seeing wasps like that at the park when I was little, but I couldn't tell you what kind it was.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails