Tuesday, May 25

A gray hairstreak

While at Grandma's a while back, I happened to spot a small, fast-moving butterfly on her flowers. After much fruitless snapping of the shutter, I managed to score this picture. Those butterflies move FAST.


I looked it up, and it's called a Gray Hairstreak. Isn't it just the cutest? When I took the picture, it was rubbing its wings together in opposite directions, so it looked like it was rocking. One wing goes up, the other goes down, etc.

And here's Alex, all serious business, riding his car.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I don't know how you managed to get that picture. They move so fast you can hardly see them. I had no idea they looked like that.
It is a great picture.

Jennifer said...

That' s not what I thought your post was going to be about! What a great picture :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails